Friday, September 22, 2006

with whim or past whim everything that knows…


for some reason I wanted a September 22, 2006 Top 10 or 11 List…
perhaps because it is the last 100 days of the year…

a few selfish thoughts…for my personal amusement.

Sweet Dreams

call me deacon blues
for when the band gets back together…
debauchery holiday… after Ireland…
where a championship would please the gods
where a city would just about lose it’s mind for another championship
why smoking shouldn’t be banned

of dreams that cease to be

this was my playground
and if you been a reader of the It Was Twenty Years Ago by Billy Shears series; this place is also mentioned.
My youth’s Inspector Javert

As the saying goes… today is the first day of the rest of my life. I recommend to all; take gentle stock in your world; give yourself a pat on the back… add some distractions or new Idreams to replace the old ones.

I dropped a few things here that are of my childhood. Today is one of those days that for some reason or another I am recalling it; call it the mood of the season or Proust tipping his hat… I dunno; just stumbled upon it today.

It has been almost 25 years… that I lived there… it was where I learned to be a poet.

the more things change the more they stay the same good bye old friend





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home