Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Re-Birth of the Modern

part the first

Stansfield and I have been rustling in the weeds lately thinking about a third party. We like the notion of bringing back the Bull Moose Party, for probably the opposite reasons. The idea here is something to consider because outside of a miracle; history has a bad way of repeating itself.

The mood I feel in my metaphysical tea leaves is the spirit of 1979. The funny thing about it is; it has come up in conversation during the week and I see it on the TV and I hear it on the radio. What I don’t mean is bowl haircuts and the reemergence of three chord rock and roll.

What I mean is the malaise that savaged our American Spirit.

The Republican’s had Reagan. The Independent’s had Anderson. And the Democrat’s, well, they had Teddy.

Somehow I think the role will reverse. But where oh where can our dark horse be? The vacuum of space just expands, expands and expands. At least we have the war until 2009 or later…as the President announced the other day; that’s a problem for the next president. (Why change the pattern of every other mess he’s started…)

Well, if it’s the problem for the next president…..

WHAT ARE WE WAITIN FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kick the bums out; PLEASE!!!

Here is my basic challenge…Let’s be Americans…Let’s show Leadership… Let’s become our own Hero’s… We need to become that Generation…the next greatest generation…Let the Modern’s be Born Again…

anyhoo~

Here are a couple of reasons the war has to last that long. G. W. Bush has to help out the family first. I stole these leads from Dan Froomkin’ Signs of Change

This is how Mom helps…

This is why Uncle Wiggly’s no longer poor…

I love that he paints the flag every chance he can get…just makes me so proud as an American.

I have a report for lessons learned for all you Iraqi ISO9001 fans.

Because I would rather not be completely bogged down with the blues… I have some alternative links.

Who said size didn’t matter?

Ode to the Immortal

I have this for all of you who badgered me for years to get rid of it and I said that one day it would be cool and I wouldn’t have one any more…and I don’t and not for the reasons I had hoped….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home