Sunday, October 30, 2005

Before the Flood

I took a peek at the who’s who on the Sunday morning programming. It appears to be that the decision has been made to pretend that the wolf is not at the door. Is it Surprising logic coming from the dry addiction of the Georgie boy fan club?

All I hear about is that the central ideology is bankrupt in Pleasantville. Burnout, gambling against the American public and just trying to save the world by 21:00 hours is just hard to accomplish. Over the last few weeks the pressure has come from the inside. Colonel Lawrence Wilkenson ripped the administration for its march to war, assumingly with the approval of Colin Powell. Brent Scowcroft, the former general and National Security Advisor with Bush I has made his displeasure known again via the New Yorker. Damage control is a seamy business. I still hear the words echo in the air from Bush’s stump speech, “no controlling legal authority”, and the screams of adulation! So, now we have Libby falling on his sword. Tenet falling on his sword for the slam dunk earlier has some interesting overtones.

If the idea is to not approve anybody to send out who would have anything to say about the indictment; goal accomplished. We have a problem, this allows the administration to sit back and say look at the vulture’s swarming the carcass. The liberal talking heads are running around speculating and we do not respond to that type of partisan behavior. Sidney Gottlieb is smiling somewhere. Take heed friends, the pregnant sister has gone to her aunt’s in the country, it’s better that we don’t talk about it anymore….Cheney and Rove become hero’s because they beat the rap, and Libby gets a grotesquely incredible job offer in the public domain to be chairman of Dogs of War Inc and gets the pardon of the misunderstood.

I don’t relish what I want to say next, but isn’t the pattern obvious? Cheney is mentioned briefly five times in the indictment. Bush is not mentioned directly at all? Rove was kneed deep in it and has begged for understanding and will probably get it. I roll back in history to mention Bush’s military record. I think back to the SEC investigation during his oil barron days. I think back to how he was even able to become a partner in the Texas Rangers organization. I think back to South Carolina and the McCain whisper campaign. I think back to how he plagiarized Condoleezza Rice on the campaign trail in 2000. I reflect upon his actions before 9/11/01. I think about his actions towards North Korea. I think about the flu vaccines. I think about vacation and Hurricane Katrina. I think about WMD. I think about the Plame case. I think about over 2000 dead American soldiers who were going to be greeted with flowers. He must be getting his advice from his brother Neil. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is paying attention.

After the Flood

I wasn’t surprised to hear that most of the Sunday chatter was about how Georgie boy can save himself. Sooner or later the truth will come out. I will reiterate my suspicion that Libby is taking the fall for something more dynamic than lying to a prosecutor. It seems that oversight like that is improbable to come by in this day and age. I am appalled that most of these talking heads often repeat that “no one will remember the details of this in six months”. That is the most irrelevant statement I continue to hear. How do we ever expect to resolve anything whatsoever if we provide that kind of caveat to anything this administration does?

I suggest the MSM start going to ALANON meetings.

I’m gonna take some time and look to see about connecting the dots. The Niger story, Jack Abramoff, “Stay golden” Libby, the fall out from Coingate and who is making the best out of the situation.

Extra

Thank you Rosa Parks.

Happy Guavaween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home